Sunday, June 15, 2014

Where Can I Find the Fiancé Booth?

Day 4: With about an hour left of the expo, it had finally died down enough for me to walk around and check out all the other booths in the building. There were all kinds of booths set up: dresses, venues, florists, limos, photo booths, designers, celebrants, hair stylists, and photographers... 








The only booth I couldn't seem to find, was the one where I could get a fiancé…

Thank goodness this weekend, and the wedding expo, is over! Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the expo as a whole, I loved being in that wedding atmosphere, but maaannn, my feet hate me. My boss had told me today that he “was in pain because I was in pain.” Uh no…men don’t understand the pain of being a woman. They don’t have to wear makeup, they don’t really have to do their hair, they don’t ever have to wear heels, and they can basically wear the same thing every day and nobody notices. But really, try wearing awful high heels for two days straight! Yeah getting hit in the balls probably hurts, (it actually happened to Taylor the other day and he had to go to the hospital, haha), but that doesn't happen that often. Wearing heels on the other hand, is a common occurrence. But pain is beauty, right? Or is it beauty is pain? Regardless, it's painful.

 I thought I was getting a part-time/casual job…but I’ve worked forty-four hours in four days! I don’t even think I’ve seen the boys for more than two hours on any given day since I started working, I don’t even get to go to their games anymore probably. I had to miss today’s, and Nick mentioned that work had to take priority if I were to be hired. It’s not like I could tell him no, I needed a job…bad! If it keeps going like this week did, then it looks like Monday’s will be my day off; which sucks because that means my weekend nights of going out with the boys are over, as well as our weekend day adventures to the beaches and stuff. That’s all kind of depressing.

The money is good, yes. But am I missing out on experiencing Australia now? Of course I'm not going to quit right now, I like the job. But at the same time, I don't want to miss out on everything with Taylor and Ethan, which was partially the point of my coming here.

"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" - Hebrews 13: 5-6


XO - Cristin

No comments:

Post a Comment