Monday, June 9, 2014

Lost.

I got separated from the boys last night. Well, Taylor decided not to go out because he had a headache, so it was just me, Ethan, Josh, Ally, and Kieran. The night was great until we went to the last bar and got separated. We started out at Capulet, on of our favorite clubs. Some time before we left that bar we lost Josh (we think he went off with his friend Fish who we saw about halfway through the evening...but there's no telling). After we decided to leave Capulet, we went on a mission to find this bar called GPO. It was like a twenty minute walk trying to find that place, but we finally made it! Sometime during our time there, Ethan and Ally got out of sight. Luckily Kieran stayed with me, so I wasn't completely alone in a foreign place. 

When we go to The Valley we always drive to Ally's from our house, and then stay there night there because it's close by and we don't have to get a taxi all the way home. Well, this particular night we started out at Josh's house in North Lakes, and it was our plan to end up back there and sleep and then go home in the morning. Well, when I got separated, I realized that I didn't have the address to Josh's house because I figured I'd be with Ethan that night and wouldn't need it...wrong. Fortunately, Kieran was visiting Ally and staying with him while he was here and had a spare key to the house. So after we lost Ethan and Ally, (which I was tired and ready to go home anyways), we taxied it back to Ally's hoping to wake up and see both the boys there. 

I woke up that next morning to find that Ethan and Ally were still missing! And unfortunately here in Australia, my phone doesn't work unless I'm on wifi, so I had no way of getting ahold of the boys... Thank goodness I know our house in Clontarf's address, otherwise I would've been lost forever! Ha. So I ordered a taxi to get back to our house in Clontarf because I didn't know the address to Josh's house where the car was. That cost me a whopping $110. Ugh. But at least I made it home safe, right!? To an empty, locked house...crap. 


So here I am, just chillin' in our tree swing, in last night's fancy outfit, waiting for who knows how long for at least one of the boys to get home, because they had both house keys...

I tried to figure out if I could break into our own house, I checked all the windows to see if any were open for me to climb through inside...no such luck. I also thought maybe I could try may hand at picking a lock; all I had was a bobby pin...didn't work. I even I contemplated riding the bike up to Target for some wifi so I could figure out where the boys were, but decided against it because I didn't want to be on a bike in heels and a tight skirt...so instead I  decided to get some sleep. The tree swing was surprisingly comfortable. I was a bit cold, but I survived. And about two hours later the boys got home. 

What a day. I'm never getting separated from the boys again!

XO - Cristin

1 comment:

  1. Ah!! At least you remembered your address! And you had a comfy swing to rest in. Haha....

    ReplyDelete