Wednesday, May 7, 2014

And the Countdown Begins...TWO WEEKS, People!!!

The countdown has begun (even though it actually began the day I bought my plane ticket)...but, I mean, who's counting? This.Is.Crazy.

In one week I leave Conway for good; my apartment is all packed up except for the clothes I'm still trying to decide on packing for Australia, and a few other things that can fit in my car. Luckily, my parents and brother came up last weekend for my pinning ceremony and did all the heavy lifting of packing up my entire apartment into the trailer and taking it back to Amarillo. I packed. They loaded. and fortunately (for me) they got stuck wight he unpacking ;) It's weird thinking that I may never be coming back to Conway. This has been my home for the past six years. I spent my freshmen year in a small dorm room, but the last five years I have lived in the same apartment...which is now empty; nothing but a bed in the living room, a dresser, a couch, and white walls.

In two weeks I'll be leaving the country, by myself for the first time ever, and heading to Brisbane, Australia! Thankfully, I'll be meeting two friends (Taylor and Ethan) and as soon as I get there I'll be moving into our house, where I'll be living for the next four months. This is going to be the best four months, ever. I've already got a small list of things I want to do, and people who are coming to visit:

  • Go to church at Hillsong United (I've always wanted to go here ever since learning about it at New Life Church in Conway all those years ago)
  • My UCA softball teammate, Kelley, is coming to visit me :) (early June)
  • Fly to Newcastle to see an old friend from UCA, Mitch Rueter, play basketball (June 27 - 29)
  • Taylor's mom comes to visit! (June 28 - July 5)
  • My sister Lindsay (and maybe her friend Andrew, and possibly the rest of my fam) are coming to visit me!!! (August 28 - September 7)
  • Brisbane Festival...this could be fun? (September 6 - 27)
14 days 'til I leave.

XO - Cristin

No comments:

Post a Comment