Tuesday, May 27, 2014

State of Origin.

Apparently today the biggest rugby game in the world is being played right here in Queensland! Not sure if it's really "the biggest game in the world" or if the man at Taylor and Ethan's soccer game last night told me that because it's between the Queensland (QLD) Maroons and the New South Wales (NWS) Blues, which are both in Australia and we happen to live in Queensland.

Maroon and Blue are the color of their jerseys, by the way; but I think that's still what they're called...


Maybe we'll go to a bar downtown, or even closer to where the stadium is, and watch the game. Perhaps get the full on rugby experience without actually being at the game...who knows, it could be fun! And intense. If rugby fans are anything like the fans that watched Ethan and Taylor's game last night, it'd definitely be worth sitting in on. 

Speaking of the boys game last night...they lost, 1-2, but man was it an exciting game! Olympic is in a higher division than Peninsula Power, but I thought the boys' team played really well. They definitely had their chances to win. Taylor almost had a really sweet header, off a cross from Ally, to go up 1-0 in the first half. The Olympic goalie was good, like REALLY good, and I'm pretty sure that I had heard he was only 16!





I've gotta figure out how to take better pictures of the boys playing at night. If these were day games, I'd be good! Unfortunately I unpacked my "Nikon D3100 For Dummies" book right at the last second...

XO - Cristin 

No comments:

Post a Comment