Friday, May 12, 2017

Diary of a Mad Marathon Runner in Training (Vol. 5)

Diary of a Mad Marathon Runner in Training (Vol. 5) 

April 17, 2017

Mile 1 (1.6km) - "Ughhh my feet hurt. Why did I walk halfway home, barefoot, after a night out wearing high heels last night?! This run already sucks." 

Mile 2 (3.2km) - "WHAT THE EFF WAS THAT?!" *jumps across the track because I hear something move in the bushes* My mind immediately goes to "it's a snake and it's going to kill me, because everything in Australia will kill you." But in all actuality, it was probably a small harmless lizard (which I'm also terrified of).

Mile 3 (4.8km) - "Potty break...right in time. I feel like I got here pretty fast today!" *checks watch...average time* 
😑
Mile 4 (6.4km) - "Shit it's hot. I'm already sweating. My face itches. THIS IS WHY I DON'T WEAR MAKEUP!!"

Mile 5 & 6 (8-9.7km) - I literally didn't think about much during these miles. I was completely consumed in the podcast I picked for today's run - Joe Rogan Experience: #935 Robb Wolf, if you're interested. 

Mile 7 (11.3km) - "I love the running community...always looking out for one another." I think this as I stopped to get a drink of water, and a woman named Alyssa said, "just starting or finishing up?" I proceeded to tell her that I was almost 1/3 in to my run, and we chatted for a good 10min (which was happily welcomed). She gave me a list of FB groups to join in case I wanted to run in a group instead of alone all the time. "Bless her"

Mile 8 (12.9km) - There's some construction going on and I can literally see dirt in the air that I'm about to start breathing. "Please don't affect me, please don't affect me. Wait, is it affect or effect, I ALWAYS get those two confused..."

Mile 9 (14.5km) - "Nooooo!!" *headphones beep signaling they're dead* I also just ran out of track..."worst mile ever!" *starts playing podcast on loud* "I don't care what people think...I NEED this!"

Mile 10 (16km) - "I feel great! I don't even need to walk yet, but I'm going to walk - for 5min - because I want to walk."

Mile 11 (17.7km) - "There are literally so many things within this podcast that I want to try!"

Mile 12 (19.3km) - *watch vibrates telling me it's lunch time* "I don't want to see that. I don't need to be reminded that I'm hungry as hell right now because all I've eaten is a small piece of toast with peanut butter on it this morning!" 

Mile 13 (20.9km) - "I don't understand scooters (like razor scooters)...why are FULL GROWN ADULTS riding them like it's normal?!"

Mile 14 (22.5km) - "There goes another half-marathon to add to the list...killin' it!"

Mile 15 (24.1km) - *podcast ends* "Alright, time to see if the songs all my FB peeps suggested are any good!"

Mile 16 (25.7km) - "My legs are starting to get heavy. I'm going to race this butterfly." *picks up the pace* "I win!" 

Mile 17 (27.4km) - "I honestly love seeing people out being active...I don't care if they're young, old, "in shape" or not...what matters is they're out there trying to get healthier. I'm so thankful to be a part of that group, too."

Mile 18 (29km) - "Geezah, my hips hurt. But honestly, I must be doing something right because I'm almost done with 3.5hrs of running (after 3 days off and lots of chocolate, plus a late night out with a few drinks) and overall feeling pretty damn good!" *high fives myself*

Mile 19 (30.6km) - DONE! "How am I going to make my shake when I get home? I'm thinking peanut butter + banana + Rebuild Endurance + a little cinnamon... #winnerwinner" *phone dies as I'm walking to my car* "praise the Lord for perfect timing!" 


***And for those of you wondering...no, I didn't even see "the hottest guy ever" on this long afternoon run today 

No comments:

Post a Comment