Friday, May 12, 2017

Diary of a Mad Marathon Runner in Training (Vol. 7)

Diary of a Mad Marathon Runner in Training (Vol. 7) 

May 1, 2017

Mile 1 (1.6km) - *gags as I try to force down a coffee flavored Endura gel* "This might be the worst part of my run today..." 

Mile 2 (3.2km) - "I'm so tired. That 3 day shift killed me this week, and sleep would probably be more beneficial to me right now, but the marathon is in just over two weeks (HOW?! 😳) so here I am..."

Mile 3 (4.8km) - "Is there actually a point to having a toilet that NEVER has toilet paper?!"

Mile 4 (6.4km) - "I need to clip my toenails; I can feel the middle one on my right foot digging into the other one...and I still have 14mi to go!"

Mile 5 (8km) - "I'm actually stressed thinking about everything I have to do this week and before I leave for China. What if I don't even make it to China?!"

Mile 6 (9.7km) - "It would be really nice to see 'the hottest guy ever' make an appearance in this track today...I could use the motivation."

Mile 7 (11.3km) - "Calling an audible today...only running 14 miles instead of 18 miles." 

Mile 8 (12.9km) - "Time to walk while I try and suck down this GU." *slurps up first taste* "peanut butter...not bad, not great...but I'm not gagging, so it's a win." 

Mile 9 (14.5km) - "I need to trim my fingernails too..."

Mile 10 (16km) - *Joe Rogan's podcast briefly mentions the terrible pollution in Beijing* "I wonder if I am going to be able to breathe while I run in China? WHAT IF I CAN'T BREATHE?!"

Mile 11 (17.7km) - "I actually have goosebumps right now. It's 75* and I am cold...what the hell?! This is nice running weather."

Mile 12 (19.3km) - "My armpits are foaming! They're not used to deodorant anymore..."

Mile 13 (20.9km) - "On a scale of 1 to 10, I think today's run was a 7. The hip's a bit sore, but I think the acupuncture is helping - I just need to stretch the soreness out more before race day! Thirteen miles is pretty easy...NEVER did I think I would be saying that!" 

Mile 14 (22.5km) - "Done. I'm hungry. I haven't eaten since 8am, thanks to my unexpected 2hr meeting earlier...it's now 3:30pm. Bring on my Herbalife Rebuild Endurance Shake !!"


**side note: (negative) - I did not see 'hottest guy ever' on the run today 
😔
**side note #2: (positive) - I got those Nike Pro spandex shorts for $10 at the Markets yesterday! #winning

No comments:

Post a Comment