Friday, May 12, 2017

Diary of a Mad Marathon Runner In Training (Vol. 1)

Diary of a Mad Marathon Runner in Training (Vol. 1) 

March 13, 2017


That's the look of pure satisfaction after running 15mi (24.1km) WITHOUT STOPPING - except for the one emergency bathroom break at mile 6 
😂
In case you're wondering what went through my mind as I ran, let me break it down for you...

Mile 1 (1.6km): "I could still be sleeping. I think I'm going to be sick. And I already have to pee again."

Mile 2 (3.2km): "Okay, feeling a little better. Oh no, my hair is touching my neck; I can't run if my hair is touching my neck! Nice sunrise though...I've found a good pace and rhythm with my music. All good."

Mile 3-5 (4.8-8km): "Alright, feeling good. I got this. I'm just going to tell everyone I pass good morning so I will stop thinking about my legs."

Mile 6 (9.7km): "Quick bathroom break - it's an emergency. Haha."

Mile 7 (11.3km): "OMG, I'm in Belmont North! This is the furthest I've ever run one way!!"

Mile 8 (12.9km): "I think the first half was all downhill...I'm definitely feeling that 1% incline right now."

Mile 9 (14.5km): "Why is it so sunny?! Where are my trees! I forgot to put sunscreen on my face."

Mile 10 (16km): "Is that the wall? I SEE THE WALL AND IM ABOUT TO HIT IT...I could walk...no one would know."

Mile 11 (17.7km): "Where the hell did this wind come from?! This can't be happening, I need to get between the trees!"

Mile 12 (19.3km): "Alright, I'm back in the shade. This is good, only 3mi. to go - I got this."

Mile 13 (20.9km): "I'm starting to see all my recognizable markers, not too much further...I can do this. Shit, I've got a side stitch."

Mile 14 (22.5km): "I'm at the tunnel. Only .9mi left to go! I'm gonna sprint the last 50m." *starts sprinting* "Nope, changed my mind."

Mile 15 (24.1km): "I can't wait to have my Herbalife Rebuild shake."


All that being said, the #PowerOfPositiveThinking is real. Between all those negative thoughts I would repeat my affirmations, pray, show gratitude, sing to myself...and somehow I was able to keep going even when I thought my tank was empty.


No comments:

Post a Comment